Monday 21 January 2013

100 already?!

Hey guys just thought I would do a very brief thank you to all that have viewed this so far. This blog has only been going since Friday and today it hit 100 views!
Thank you all so much for the support already and I shall do my up most to keep things ticking along!

OK let me try and tie in 100 into something interesting......Got it!

How about some great books that all revolve around Ultra marathon running right up too....you guessed it! 100 mile marathons!? (Did you see what I did there?!)

As mentioned before Born to Run by Christopher McDougall is a must! I wont spoil it by giving you any more information other than it is responsible for my change of thought on running! Deep huh?!

Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes is also on your homework list, I really enjoyed this book and it gave me and still gives me a lot of inspiration when I feel like giving up on those long runs

Finally, for today at least, we come to Eat and Run by Scott Jurek.
This book and Scott himself fascinate me as Scott is an Ultra running VEGAN!
The whole concept is pretty mind blowing when you consider the information that is thrown around regarding nutrition. Scott also provides recipes throughout this book which I have given some a go myself and while tasty, you will have to keep and open mind and just give them a try as they may push your boundaries somewhat!

I don't wont to spoil any of the books or try to sway you in any direction so please check them out and let me know what you think.
Also have a Google around and read about all 3 of the guys themselves as they all have their own blogs and sites with a mountain of information!

Happy hunting and thank you all so much again its really made my day! :)

Cardiosaurus out!

No comments:

Post a Comment